CONTEST! PRIZES! FOLLOWERS! OH MY!
As I’ve mentioned in yesterday’s post, I’ve decided to do a fun little contest to thank my wonderful followers. Also, as I’m not a millionaire, we’ll stick with easy, inexpensive prizes.
So. What’s the deal? Two winners, two prizes. A $15 iTunes Gift card and a First Chapter Critique (your first chapter doesn’t have 50 pages, right?). I know it’s not super-mega-fantabulous, but hey I won’t pull your leg either with the contest rules.
Speaking of rules, here they are:
1. Follow my blog. If you’re already following, hooray for you! You’re halfway there. *wink*
2. Post in the Comment Section the answer to this question: What makes you happy?
Easy, right? Since my blog is about the “pursuit of writing and happiness”, I thought it would be fun to see what makes people smile.
3. Tell me your preferred prize, whether you want the gift card or the critique. I will then separate the entries for each prize and draw for a winner accordingly. Nothing scientific in the drawing process. I’ll simply write your names on a piece of paper and let the kiddos pick them out of a hat. Or a bucket. Depends on what I find lying around the house. Contest ends on Thursday, May 19th at midnight (MST).
I hope you’ll participate. I’d love to know what makes you float, sigh, thrum with giddiness, or burst into laughter. What makes your heart beat. Life is short, but it doesn’t mean we can’t make the most of it. ❤
Alright, on to the blog award my snazzy, peppy, and full of awesomesauce herself, blogger friend Sophie Li of The Wordsmith Apprentice bestowed on my undeserving head. She’s quite a busybody–learning ballet, playing the violin and the viola, stalking out So You Think You Can Dance dancers, dressing up as a Harry Potter character, and did I mention she also served in the Army and had jumped out of a plane for a parachuting exercise even though she’s scared of heights??
And yes, she’s a writer working on her memoir. So pay her a visit unless you want something similar to this happen to you. Nah, just kidding. Sophie is an absolute sweetie. =) Thank you, Sophie for the honor.
|I had this on spaghetti. Super yum!|
The rules are:
1. Thank and link to the person who gave me this fabulous piece of work. Thanks, Sophie!
2. Pay it forward to no more than one person per month. Elaborate why said person is deserving of said award. Are you deserving? I’m accepting applications now. *wink*
3. Answer the following questions:
– What is your favorite song currently playing on your iPod, CD player, etc.?
I have Colbie Caillat’s album Coco playing on repeat. Don’t ask me why. It just is.
– If we peek into your Internet history, what would we find?
Most likely a Wikipedia entry on carnival games. Been researching for my WIP. Good thing you didn’t ask me this a week ago when I was searching for combination drugs for er…well, never you mind.
-And lastly, what is your all-time favorite movie that you watch over and over again?
Princess Bride! “Farm boy, fetch me that pitcher.” “As you wish.” Swoon! LOL
I am pleased to pass this award to one of my first ever blog friends, the lovely Ms. Anita Howard from A Still and Quiet Madness. She made me feel welcomed when I was still wobbling as a new blogger, and she encouraged and uplifted me in many, many ways. I know I’m not the only one who can attest to her awesomesauce-ness. Thank you, Anita, for being my friend.
PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO JOIN THE CONTEST! It’s really painless, and I’m a pretty adequate critiquer. I think. Hehe. =)