I’ve been procrastinating on this particular blog award because it requires me to sort through my blog posts for the most beautiful, most controversial, most popular, etc., and somehow it’s making me feel like a judge for American Idol. Or maybe, a better metaphor would be a beauty pageant judge…
Strut your stuff, blog post #20! Chin up, blog post #68! You call that a walk? What are you thinking?
And I fear my posts from now on will develop an inferiority complex.
BUT! It has to be done. Sooooo…a BIG THANKS to these wonderful blogger friends who bestowed me this interesting award:
Tara Tyler of Tara Tyler Talks. She’s a lovely math teacher and writer rolled into one. I am always in awe of mathematicians because Math was the one subject I struggled the most with during my high school years.
Caitlin Vincent of Musings of an Ordinary Mind. Caitlin is one of the sweetest and smartest persons I know. I love her writing voice (check out her A Word for Wednesday posts). Love yah, Cay-Cay! 😉
A.M. Supinger of Inner Owlet. This gal is one of my favorite bffs. She’s lovely, she’s funny, and she can write beautiful, sometimes heart-wrenching stories. She’s very imaginative and she never ceases to amaze me with her talent. ❤
|Thank you, ladies!|
Cue the music and lights… Here we go:
1. Most Beautiful Post goes to… I can’t decide between two so I made it a tie instead. The first one is the meme: Writing Is NOT Like a Box of Chocolates, where I compared writing to a tango dance. It has JLo and Richard Gere. I mean, c’mon, Richard Gere, right? Ok, he’s old but he’s still got it.
The second pick is more personal (to me, anyway): Poetry, The Music To My Soul.
2. Most Popular Post is…my contest entry: Beware the Bunny. So technically, this is not the first most popular but the FOURTH ranking post. The others were giveaways so I didn’t include them. Apparently, you guys like morbid, scary bunny stories.
|Don’t be fooled by those lovely round eyes, or by its soft fur.|
3. Most Controversial Post (oh my!): I don’t do politics, so I had a hard time picking a winner for most controversial. And then I remembered this post that started the #goatposse phenomenon on Twitter so what the heck: Who We Are. Yep, it’s got goats in it.
|So cute, right?|
4. Most Helpful Post goes to…Passive vs. Active Voice. This is actually the second most popular post too. I get “passive and active voice” searches a lot. Glad to know it’s helping someone out there. *looks out into the great beyond*
5. Most Surprisingly Successful: (wait, what does this even mean? That a post I thought was a loser actually garnered views? Or that a post I wrote wriggled its way into the top popular post ranking?) Since I’m not sure about this, I’m going with the next popular: The Breakfast Club: YA in a Nutshell. John Hughes, baby. ‘Nuff said.
6. Post That Didn’t Get the Attention It Deserved or Most Underrated (I need to make two sashes for this): I think it would have to be the milk maid story found here: Because I Was A Reader First Before I Became A Writer. I’m still thinking of myself as the milk maid sometimes, especially when I get writerly doubt. (You think you can write, punk? Oh yeah? Ya think you can? Huh.)
7. The Post I Am Most Proud Of: This is the one that started it all: On Writing and Other Knickknacks that Stumble My Way.
And I’m tagging these wonderful bloggers because I’m sure they have interesting posts to share with us:
Michelle Simkins (Beyond awesome. Y’all need to follow her. Srsly.)
Shelly Brown (Funny and entertaining. When I think of Shelly, “movie star” comes to mind immediately. Must be those cool-looking shades she’s got on.)
Bethany C. (She is my Shakira-fro-wearing, hamster-slave-driving, purple goat sistah who totally rocks. I ❤ ❤ ❤ her!)
Lori M. Lee (Uber talented. I drool over her manga artwork all the time.)
Mary Frame (The wolf lady who doesn’t write about werewolves. Yeah, she’s awesome.)
The Golden Eagle (She rocks. ’nuff said.)
Laila Knight (Her words: “Life is too short to let it be ordinary.” Amen!)
Abby Fowers (A real, down-to-earth, sweet lady. 😉 )
Kristin Baker (I love this gal! She’s funny and smart and sweet.)
Peggy Eddleman (she just landed herself an agent! Hooray!)
Go on, ladies! Dazzle us with your fabulous posts! ❤